ceiling light-rejecting front projection material
The DarkStar® UST is a ceiling light-rejecting front projection material designed specifically for tabletop-mounted ultra-short-throw projectors. The DarkStar® UST features a multi-layer optical lens structure that absorbs off-axis light from above while providing a clear image. This allows the picture to be free from washing out the projected image.
- Gain: 0.5
- View Angle: 180° (90° ±LR)
- Dark Star® UST ambient light rejecting ultra-short throw material
- Absorbs up to 95% of overhead lighting
- Multi-layer optical structure filters out ambient light
- Wide diffusion uniformity allows viewers to enjoy a clear and bright picture from any angle
- Black material improves contrast while maintain a neutral color balance
- 4K Ultra HD, Active 3D, and HDR Ready
Proper Projector Placement for DarkStar® UST
The DarkStar® USTis exclusively for table-mounted ultra-short throw projectors as illustrated in example 1 below. Overhead placement or a standard projector will make the image very dark, on account of the screen’s absorbent layer deflecting light that is not aligned with its reflective angle.