EDGE FREE® Fixed Frame Screen
Polar Star® eFinity (EDGE FREE)
The Polar Star® eFinity Series from EPV Screens® is an internal-frame projection screen with the wraparound material design that is better known as EDGE FREE® because of its lack of a traditional external framework. The eFinity EDGE FREE® design maximizes the viewing area in a smaller space footprint without compromising the screen’s structural integrity. It includes a micro-thin 6mm black bezel.
EPV®’s Polar Star® eFinity nicely complements any interior decor with clean lines and an elegant “EDGE FREE®” design. It provides a stunning image that doesn’t wash out even in bright ambient light. The Polar Star® material’s reflective properties and diffusion layer allow images to have sharp contrast levels with a spot-on neutral color temperature.
It’s the ultimate multi-purpose projection screen for virtually any indoor projection environment. The Polar Star® is polarized for Passive 3D applications and is Active 3D and 4K Ultra HD ready.
The Polar Star® eFinity Series from Elite Prime Vision® is an EDGE FREE® projection screen that forgoes the external frame border (edge) as seen in traditional projection screen frames. Its structural framework is enshrouded by the wraparound ambient light rejecting (ALR) projection material. This stylish new design complements interior decor with a sleek appearance that is universal in its application.
Polar Star® 1.3 Gain angular-reflective material
- Four key benefits to Polar Star
- Ambient Light Rejecting (up to 85% filtration)
- High Contrast (Retains black levels and color saturation)
- Directional (angular) reflectivity (wont’ scatter light)
- Polarized for Passive 3D applications
- Excellent color fidelity, contrast enhancement, and brightness retention
- 4K Ultra HD, Active 3D, and HDR Ready
- Not compatible with Ultra-short throw or Short-throw projectors
Design and Installation
- Internal framework with wraparound tensioned projection material
- Aluminum lightweight split-frame design
- Sliding wall mount brackets to precisely center the installation
- Micro-thin 6mm aluminum black bezel
- Recommended Minimum Lens Throw Distance 1.5x image width
Notice to Installer:
Please use the following installation instructions to obtain superior optical performance from the Polar Star® Angular Reflective ALR (Ambient Light Rejecting) Screen.
- Angular-Reflective material is not compatible with ultra/short-throw projectors
- Minimum lens throw ratio 1.5x image width
- Ambient light must not come from the same direction as the projector
Since angular-reflective means that the projected image will reflect at the mirror-opposite angle, it is important to position the projector so that the viewer will get the best possible image.
- Step 1: Establish the general “eye level” of the viewers
- Step 2: Set the appropriate projection level
- Step 3: Adjust the screen height level and projection angle
Input Angle (A) = Output Angle (B) aligns with the viewer’s angle