retro-reflective Ceiling/Ambient Light Rejecting (CLR®/ALR) Projection screen
DarkStar® Max UST
EPV® Screens DarkStar® UST material is a retro-reflective Ceiling/Ambient Light Rejecting (CLR®/ALR) material that is specially made for UST (ultra-short throw) projectors. The material is now available in EPV’s reliable Power Max electric “roll-up” design. The screen is tab-tensioned to achieve the needed flatness to accommodate ultra-short throw projectors.
The DarkStar® UST comprises of a multi-layered design using angular serriform micro structures with diffusion stratum to create a bright, clear and artifact-free image. Its characteristics divert projected light from UST projectors into the viewer’s line of sight while the glare of other off-axis light sources is filtered out. An additional black substratum allows the material to enhance color contrast while producing deeper black levels. The DarkStar® Max UST includes IR and RF remote controls, a detachable wall box controller, and wired and wireless 12-volt trigger capability.
- DarkStar® UST Ceiling/Ambient Light Rejecting (CLR®/ALR) ultra-short throw front projection material
- Absorbs up to 95% of overhead lighting
- Multi-layer optical structure filters our ambient light
- Wide diffusion uniformity allows viewers to enjoy a clear and bright picture from any angle
- Black backing on material for sharper picture and clarity
- Black substratum improves contrast while maintaining a neutral color balance
Design, Installation and Controls
- Durable black casing with mounting hardware included for wall, ceiling, or suspended installation
- Floating mount brackets slide horizontally allows an easy alignment for a flush wall/ceiling installation on wood studs
- Project from a short distance without shadowing the picture
- Tab-tension design helps maintain a flat ripple-free projection surface
- Plug & Play design with built-in low voltage control system, no hardwire installation required
- Includes handheld Infrared (IR) and Radio Frequency (RF) remote controls, and a wall box controller for manual on-wall operation.
- User-friendly programmable vertical drop position for easy installation
- Wall box controller is detachable for a clean look while maintaining RF & IR functionality
- Built-in selectable channels allow one RF remote programming to control multiple screens and prevent interference
- 12v trigger feature allows the screen’s UP/DOWN operation to synchronize with the projector’s power cycle
- Wired 12v trigger capability via wall box controller
- Wireless 12v trigger capability via Radio Frequency remote control
Quality and Reliability:
- Tubular motor allows swift operation with a superior weight tolerance and operational lifespan
- 5-year limited warranty
- Lifetime tech support by EPV Screens professional service team through email, web chat, or toll-free phone call
Proper Projector Placement for DarkStar® UST
The DarkStar® USTis exclusively for table-mounted ultra-short throw projectors as illustrated in example 1 below. Overhead placement or a standard projector will make the image very dark, on account of the screen’s absorbent layer deflecting light that is not aligned with its reflective angle.