angular-reflective Ambient-Light Rejecting material
Polar Star® is an angular-reflective, Ambient-Light Rejecting material which provides superb contrast levels, amazing color balance and just the right gain for either a regular 2-dimension or full-inmersion 3D presentation. This screen material is ideal for high-ambient light conditions in home entertainment and commercial applications. The Silver-grey protective surface coating is a reflective compound that is textured to ensure proper depth for use in 3D presentations.
- Gain: 1.3
- View Angle: 70° (35° ±LR)
- Super color balance, produced film-like quality presentations
- Polarized for Passive 3D applications
- Active 3D and 4K Ultra HD Ready
- Min. Throw Distance 1.5x image width
- 4K Ultra HD, Active 3D, and HDR Ready
- Certified by the Imaging Science Foundation (ISF)
Notice to Installer:
Please use the following installation instructions to obtain superior optical performance from the Polar Star® Angular Reflective ALR (Ambient Light Rejecting) Screen.
- Angular-Reflective material is not compatible with ultra/short-throw projectors
- Minimum lens throw ratio 1.5x image width
- Ambient light must not come from the same direction as the projector
Since angular-reflective means that the projected image will reflect at the mirror-opposite angle, it is important to position the projector so that the viewer will get the best possible image.
- Step 1: Establish the general “eye level” of the viewers
- Step 2: Set the appropriate projection level
- Step 3: Adjust the screen height level and projection angle
Input Angle (A) = Output Angle (B) aligns with the viewer’s angle